Brandy's Circus

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nonie's Resting Place











This trip I was able to see where Nonie had been Laid To Rest. Her ashes were placed in the Miner's Burial Ground where her Father and Brother also Rest. There was no headstone due to the monument place being behind schedule, but Rachel assured me that it would be set as soon as it was ready (NOTE: On my trip to CT in October, the stone had been set. And what a lovely stone it is). There was a flower box with little trinkets placed inside of it. There was also a vase where Dad told me Gram brings all her cut flowers to when she is given them. While I was there, I brought flowers to Nonie's Site and kept a jug of water in the car at all times so when I drove by, I could water them. Awefully tough to keep them perky in the CT August sun with no rain, but I persevered. Next to the Miner Burial Ground is a Nature Preserve and a lake, where this boat was docked. After Shawn's Birthday Party at Gram's house, the next time I stopped to water, I saw that the Parent Family must've stopped because tucked into the flower box were shells from the clams that Al had caught and was cleaning while we were at Gram's house. I just have this feeling that those shells were put there by Shawn's Little Hands. So as you can see, Nonie is resting in a Most Beautiful Spot and gets visited often by her loved ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home