Brandy's Circus

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chicken Stew!




















One of April's many traditions up in North Carolina is a gathering called a Chicken Stew. The Stew was being held at one of April's friends' new house. It was kind of an Open House for her and her fiance to show off their new digs. The moms cooked the Chicken Stew in 2 huge pots in the kitchen. April and I got a bowl as soon as we got there and I swear it was Stew of the Gods! It was the most delicious Stew I have ever eaten! I couldn't get enough of it! I must've had 4 bowls of it! I didn't want the bowls to end! Then outside there was a bonfire blazing. It felt good against the cold NC air. We drank homemade hard liquor, roasted marshmellows, and listened to April's friends talk about the good ol' days. There was a keg on the porch and as the night cold colder and the kegstands got messier, the beer actually started to form ice on the porch. All in all, it was a night I'll never forget! If I could have stew like that every week, I'd move up to NC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home