Brandy's Circus

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shawn's Birthday At Gram's-Part 1





























The Sunday I was in CT, Andrea had a Birthday Party for Shawn at Gram's house by the Lake. Everyone was there and it was the perfect opportunity for me to visit with Nonie's Family while I was in CT. It was nice to see everyone and be able to visit without feeling rushed. It is always a lovely afternoon at Gram's house! It was especially good to see Amy kids because I hadn't seen Brendan and Sidney since they were babies and I had never met Hannah. It took Hannah a little while to get used to me. She is very shy, but when she gets comfortable, she could be your Best Friend!

Shawn got a lot of really nice gifts that he opened in a flurry. He is quick with the removal of wrapping paper around an item! But he took a moment after each gift to appreciate it. The Thank Yous came with a little reminder from Aunt Rachel, but you could tell that Shawn appreciated his gifts. It was also nice to see how Shawn has grown. I was able to spend time with Roddy and Marcie the previous night but it's still great to watch all the cousin interact. They reminded me of me and my cousins...on both sides of my family. There is certainly a lot of Love in Nonie's Family...no doubt about that!

The other cool part of Shawn's Birthday Party was I finally got to meet Aunt Marcie: Rod's sister who Marcie is named after. She came with her little girl on Sunday so I got to meet the 2 of them. After all these years of hearing about Aunt Marcie, it was nice to put a person to the name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home